- SkillNG partnered with the Buidling Nations Initiative and other youth led organisations to implement the Food Aid in COVID-19 Emergency (F.A.C.E) project in Ibadan. Through F.A.C.E, we are able to reach out to six neighbourhoods in our host community of Ibadan: Abadina, Agbowo, Samonda, Bodija, Ajibode, and Orogun, to meet the needs of vulnerable families and young people in need of food supplies. The F.A.C.E project with support from donations gotten from people was able to reach over 150 families with food pack each. Each food pack contained; One and a half rubber of Rice, One and a half rubber of Beans, 75ml Vegetable Oil (Power Oil brand), 75ml Palm Oil, One and a half rubber of Garri, Two packs Spaghetti, Five (5) Three Crown Milk Sachets, Five (5) Milo Sachets, Tomatoes paste (3 sachets), 1kg of Semolina, 100ml Hand sanitiser. For more information kindly visit here.
- We also support and launched Relifa Initiative as an organisation in conjuction with the youths in our network. Relifa is an initiative providing food, medicines and other essential relief supplies in combating the attendant consequences of covid-19 pandemic restrictions. Relifa leverages on GIS, mobile technology, Instant Messaging and a netwok of ward representatives to identify real vulnerable people and link them to supplies from NGOs and individual donors.
- Relifa as a platform solves the problems of providing essential supplies to ‘real’ vulnerable in our communities. Covid-19 undoubtedly poses a great public health threat to Nigeria as a nation- Hence the need for the lockdown and restrictions (Stay At Home). On the other hand, these restrictions place barriers on the economic lives of the average Nigerians who need to make ends meet by “Not Staying At Home”. Through our work at Relifa, we provide essential supplies to cushion the effect of these restriction which will in variably help flatten the curve (of Covid-19). The approach is super unique because of our verification model. Vulnerable are identifed at the ward level of the state via our volunteers. Volunteers are saddled with the responsibility of identifying the deserving beneficiaries of our essential supplies. As part of the verification model, GIS location, personal information, audio-visuals are obatained on all pre-selected volunteers before they receive these essentials.
- So far, Relifa has been able to recruit 260 volunteers across Ibadan. These volunteers are representatives of 130 wards in 11 local government areas in Ibadan. At the moment, Relifa volunteers have been able to identify about 300 and counting vulnerable households and individuals across the LGs out which we have distributed 76 packs of essential supplies to 76 households and individuals across 10 LGAs and this was made possible through monetary donations from NGOs and individuals. For more information, kindly visit here and here.
- We organised and launched an online paid class tagged “Covid-19 Giveaway Classes”. We had different modules for Data Analytics, Python Programming, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The class was carried on Skype Meet Now and we recorded 10 registrations for the paid sessions.