- We launched a Mini Class on Personal and Business Branding On Twitter and recorded 12 students signing up for online class.
- We started and launched “Skill Society” community for student community where members get free digital skills training from SKILLNG and in turn SkillNG deploy these students to power our demands on and around campus communities. We launched the community at the University of Ibadan where we inducted 20 students for the 1st cohort.
- We launched a free training at the SkillHub located in Ajibode for young people around looking to apply for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme. We registered about 150 young people for the training which was held in different sessions between 17th and 18th of January.
- We launched a Mini Class on “Crafting Professional Emails” and recorded 8 students signing up for the online class.
- By January 26, we held our monthly Skill Chat series on the topic: “Developing A Career in Programming: The Easy and the Hard Way” with a foremost Nigerian successful programmer, Akintunde Sultan @hacksultan. The TweetChat reached over 30,000 engaments and reach on Twitter.
- We launched a Mini Class on “Introductory class on Forex Trading” where participants learnt the art of technical analysis, fundamental analysis, psychology of trading, risk management, trading plan and strategy and so on. The online class got 10 registered students.
- SkillNG facilitators were engaged at the National Association of Nutrition Students’ conference that took place at the University of Ibadan to teach our Employment Readiness Curriculum to a gathering of about 500 students. Our facilitators took them through how to write compelling resumes and cover letters, how to ace any job interview and how to intelligently search for job opportunities by leveraging on personal network, social media and other entrepreneurial strategies. We also had some lecturers in attendance to review our session.